Saturday 8 September 2012

Lovely Complex [manga] - Volume 1

Love Com is such a cute love story between the tallest girl and the shortest boy in the class.
 
Love Com will capture any shoujo fan's eyes. There's nothing like a romance blossoming between two very unlikely people.
 
Risa and Otani are quite the stand-up comedy couple, or "all hanshin-kyojin." They always make fun of each other's heights, but they seem to have the same preferences for a lot of things.
 
Throughout the entirety of the series, I'm gonna have to assume that there are tooooooons of different complexes, ranging from small to extreme. In volume 1, they make a bet to see who can get a girlfriend/boyfriend first and the winner will receive whatever they want from the other person. So, this being the case, they find themselves new crushes, but unfortunately, their love-gaining strategies fail.

[As you could tell from the majority of my blog, I'm a killer for shoujo manga. My apologies.]


I'm sure any girl (who is like me) could relate to this: Having no sex appeal whatsoever, like Risa. Which is quite unfortunate because we're pretty much already labelled "FOREVER ALONE."

I like this manga because it's also relatable for guys. Being short and non-ideal, in terms of height, can really irk a guy when it comes to his own romantic life.

Developments are really gradual, which is nice.

More Love Com, here I come!!

[There is also an anime, hence the coloured pictures.]

 
And so, the story begins...
 
Edit: (And.... It ends. Why, you ask? Well... I'm still reading it, but I'm too lazy to post about it... SO YEAH!! :D )

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment