Monday 14 January 2013

Jormungand 2: Episode 5

I just have so many things to say about this episode...
 
Firstly, awesome chase scene.
I loved the layering of it and how it finalized.
It was very surrealistic, which is good, because normally and generically, the protagonists are on an auto-win. But in that chase scene, the power between both sides fluxed.
 
And a well-done epic save by these three in a copter.
 
Jonah's shooting gets me every fucking time.
Honestly, he seems like the most epic child in the world when the camera does a single-character-shot of Jonah firing a gun.
And, well, because of this, he's one of my admired characters.
 
(Picture isn't from this episode, but you get the point.)
 
 
Also, Chequita's scene.
The entire time, the little voices in my head were screaming:
YEEEEEAH KILL THE MOTHER FUCKEEEEER YEEEEEEEEEEEAH
 
Seriously, Chequita is such a badass character, it's not even funny anymore.
And honestly, the way she shot the infiltrator made me nod and think:
... Yeah she doesn't give a fuck.
 
And, ahahahha, hollow-eyed, displeased Jonah was hilarious.
 
He seemed like he was thinking: ughhhh... but... whyyyy.... I don't wannnaaa.... what the heck...
 
This is the first time I've ever seen such an expression on him and it seriously was worth those 10 seconds.


And geez... The most unlikely character to seem like a badass is now officially deemed a badass after his make-fun-of-SR-squad scene.

Tojo is serious shit. Up till now, I've never seen him seriously use a gun. I used to just assume he was the nerd of the group, just sitting down to map out operations and do research and stuff like that, but this has shown a different side of him.
And as scheduled, character development is coming along quite nicely.
 
Oh and now I realized that I've forgotten to talk about the new OP and ED.
Both are alright, I suppose.
But I liked Season 1's much better.
 
Then again, change is good, and this change is bad.
The video that accompanies the OP however is not very good, as most of it is just little panning pictures everywhere. I would've preferred to see a better OPs and EDs.
 But that's just  picky opinion of mine. :D
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment