Monday 14 January 2013

Jormungand 2: Episodes 1-4

 
There is no better military-themed anime than Jormungand. With the first season being spectacular, you'd expect that the second season would be filled with a bunch of bullcrap.
But 'tis not so.
 
Jormungand 2: Perfect Order is just as awesome as season 1.
 
The storyline is continuously developing and plot twists happen where you least expect them to.
Characters are still great and continously developing.
 
Honestly speaking, one of the best things about this is that the story is always moving along and isn't stuck frozen in time for a certain part of the series.
Unlike anime such as Bleach or One Piece, which I gave up on btw, this series consecutively follows a plot line, usually with no fillers. And those "fillers" are plain comic relief because, well if there's blood, war and drugs in every episode, why not have a couple laughs as we go?
Unless you're emotionally attatched to those kinds of things... then... maybe a medical center is what you need to attend.
 
Jonah is Jonah.
Koko is Koko.
Valmet is Valmet.
Kasper is Kasper.
Chequita is Chequita.
etc etc etc etc
... R is... A SPY?!?!?!?!!?!?!?
Which was my reaction when it reached that point.
 
I was like: NOOOOOOOOOOOOO THE ONE SUPPOSEDLY SANE AND NORMAL ONE IN KOKO'S ENTIRE SQUAD TURNS OUT TO BE AN UNDERCOVER SPY FOR THE GOVERNMENT WORKING FOR A GUY WHO CALLS HIMSELF BOOKMAN AND HE'S KIND OF FAT BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT AND STILL WHAT THE HELL MAN R WHAT THE HELL.
 
So, R turns out to be a spy for the government, and it gets worse.
 
H E  D I E S
 
The scene in which his death takes place, I was moved to tears.
And sort of laughed at how biased it was.
 
I found it so unfair how Hex, the girl who shot him, had a scope on her sniper but he didn't have one on his rifle. I mean, seriously?
AUTHOR, Y U NO SAVE HIS LIFE?
 
Then again, Hex dies too, at which my reaction was still:
... what. the. fuck. is. wrong. with. you. author.
 
But anyhow, I totally love Lehm's and Lutz's sniping.
Whenever they kill someone, I'm in my chair, screaming:
YEEEEEEEEEEAH DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEE DAAAAAAAMN
THATS AWESOME.
 
Oh and what I've been staring at thoughout several episodes are Jonah's eyebrows....
Normally, I don't stare at a character's eyebrows unless it's the most prominent thing on their face...
But I've noticed that, strangely...
They're very cute and bushy.
I mean, FREAKIN' OPEN YOUR EYES AND LOOOOOOK
 
And with the contrast between the white and the brown of his skin, they just seem bushier and smaller every time I look at them.
 
Funny thing is though, it makes him look more mature and, well, I just can't imagine a long eyebrow-ed Jonah.
... That sounds a bit odd, but yeah.
 
BUT IT'S TRUE, ISN'T IT?
Admit it. It is.
 
So, other than odd sniping fanatics and eyebrow analytics, this anime is really good imo and I continuously, as I always do, suggest this to anyone who likes to kick back and enjoy a high-violence, gunning military anime.
 
As to how long this second season will be, I think it'll be about as long as season 1.
Which is about 13 episodes.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment