Wednesday 18 July 2012

Tsuritama / Phi Brain


When I first read a genre tag on this anime, it read: FISHING.
 And I shook my head.
But, surprisingly, it's not bad.

Tsuritama is a story about a boy, Sanada Yuki, who can never fit in to meet new people because of his reaction when people stare at him. His odd reaction is basically... He feels like the room is filling up with water and that he's drowning.

So, transfer after transfer, he finally ends up in a town, Shonan, Enoshima, where fishing is popular.
Somewhere along the way, he is met by a self-proclaimed alien named Haru and is dragged into "fishing to save the world."

I haven't yet completed the anime but, so far, my favourite character is:

Haru


He's so cute with his fishbowl.

I will update further when I complete the series.


--


My goodness... This anime...

I'm 20 episodes into this series, and I still dont get it.

I understand the concept but... What the hell man.

I'm gonna keep going on this one though. The story developments twist the story like freaking hell and it's just that awesome.

The general theme for this series is puzzles.
But these guys are dead-serious when they tell you to solve a puzzle.

So basically, Phi Brain features a boy, Daimon Kaito, who receives the title of Einstein and receives an armband which allows your brain to reach full potential. He is in section Phi, a sector of the POG (Puzzle of God) which nutures Phi Brain children to solve the Puzzle of God. The prize for solving the Puzzle is a book that enables the Solver ultimate power, enough to rule the world.
This isn't the best anime ever, but, like I said, the plot twists are great and if you have that otaku stamina, you just might live through the stupid concept.

What I hate about the anime is that the subject of Puzzle of God book is very distant. Sometimes, you'd wonder: So... What was this anime about again...? Majority of the series is about how Kaito wants to "free puzzles" and he hardly thinks of the book, which makes the point of the anime seem very distant.
So far, my favourite character is Ana Gram, who is in fact a boy.


His title is Da Vinci.

He can paint real damn good.



No comments:

Post a Comment